7.5.12

year one, check.

i'm done with my freshman year of college.
my how the time flies!
it was such a great year, i loved [mostly] every single second of it.

it's crazy to think about how my life was one year ago and see just how much it has changed.

i've changed personally.
i've made so many new "best friends."
i can successfully not burn mac and cheese, i'm even going to be brave and say that i can now cook.
i do my own laundry.
i can keep a clean room.
and i can be independent.

well i'm still kinda working on that last one.
ever since i've been home i keep asking my mom for permission to do anything, just a habit.
yesterday she just started laughing and told me that i was 19, i don't need her permission anymore.

that's been a test for the both of us.
she got angry with me the other day and anybody that knows how my mom punishes knows that she told me to give her my phone...
haha jokes on her, i pay for my own phone now. :)

college has been one of the best experiences of my life.
it's helped me find out who i am, it's helped me grow.

alaska made me appreciate my family because they were always there and i missed them so bad.
college made me truly love my family, i could go home whenever i wanted and so i didn't get too homesick. but i still just always wanted to text/skype.

it taught me who my real friends were, the crazy ones i had in high school, and the ones i was able to meet at college.

it taught me responsibility and dedication.

but now it's over, and i'm pumped to have one of the best summer's of my life!
i'm stoked for:

skydiving.
human slingshot.
dallin comes home :) :)
lazy days on the river with my besties.
lagoon.
seattle trip.
neighborhood night games.
ky's wedding.
living the simple life.

if there's anything i've learned it's be happy. live in the moment. surround yourself with people that love you and treat you right. there is something good in everyday. smile, and most of all laugh.


props to carter for taking the picture above.


No comments:

Post a Comment