7.3.12

i promise it's fake.

at the beginning of school i started to make a bucket list. throughout the year i've been able to cross a few off. one of the things on my list was to save a life. now i don't know about you, but i totally count donating plasma as saving a life. another one on my list was to face my fear..and needles terrify me.

so i decided to donate plasma...save a life and face my fear.
it was a two for one.

i scheduled an appointment and today at 5:30 i headed in. since it was my first time i was asked a ton of questions and i had to get a physical. i was sitting in a room with the physician and for the past hour she had been asking me questions like:
did i have any tattoos?
did i drink?
have i eaten?
etc.
i honestly think i told her thirty time that no, i do not have a tattoo..and i signed about ten papers saying that once  again, no i do not have a tattoo.
after the questions were over she asked me to lay on the bed so i could have a physical. things were going well and then she asked me to take my shirt off so she could do whatever it was she needed to do. so i took my shirt off and i layed back down.

the next words i heard out of her mouth were: "umm...cupcake tattoo?...please tell me it's fake."

and then it hit me, last night mel, ky, and i put on [fake] glitter tattoos before our basketball game....and of course we had to choose the worst looking ones.
so right on my hip/stomach was the most colorful, bedazzled tattoo in the world.

i was so embarrassed! i instantly started to try and explain but i ended up just stuttering. i don't know what was more embarrassing, the fact that i kept telling her that i didn't have a tattoo, or the fact that she saw the sparkly one on me.

she kept examining me and started laughing and said, "usually i make people rub them so i know they are fake, but i can clearly see the glitter, so you're good."
i am so embarrassed.

moral of the story: don't plan on donating plasma until you've rubbed off your fake tattoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment