30.3.12

jeffrey.

i've made a new friend.
clearly his name is jeffrey.
jeffrey is the bruise control man over at the plasma center.

the first time i met him i informed him that i really was fine, i just happened to bruise very easily.
he used to not believe me, he thought that i was just telling him that so that i could still donate.
but trust me, he knows now!

twice a week they have to call jeffrey in to look at the bruising on my arms,
those needles get me every time.
usually my bruises are pretty small and so he just counts it as an arm discoloration and not a real bruise.
well last week when i went in they poked me and missed my vein. because of this they had to start fishing around for my vein and it took them a little bit. it also made my vein swell and so of course i got a monster bruise out of it.
the thing starts curving around my arm. it's not so attractive.

so of course when i went back in this week they called in ole' jeffrey.
we're kind of on a first name basis now.
luckily, since we're buds, he passed me off and just let me donate out of the other arm.
such a gem.

he always tell me that he doesn't want to see me the next time i come in.
so far it hasn't happened yet, but i'm working on it!

here's to happy bruising!

No comments:

Post a Comment