9.11.12

weekends are my favorite, but aren't they everybody's?
last weekend was definitely a favorite...and i'm pretty sure i say that every weekend.

friday i was over and sean, greg, and ryan's...no shocker there. we were going to go rock climbing, but i had been with dallin and we got home too late, so instead greg decided to play monopoly. i hate monopoly. probably because my whole life i have had to play with dallin and he kills me everytime. mix that with my competitive side and it's just not a good mix. but in the end greg won and so we played. 

i could give you a play by play to how the whole game went. but as interesting as that sounds with a three hour game of monopoly, i'll make the story short and sweet. due to ryan's weak bladder, greg making an awful trade, and me having no mercy on sean because he had no mercy on me, i ended up winning my first game of monopoly. ever. now that's a good day. after that we just hung out and stayed up entirely too late.

i went to bed at three and was up at seven to drive home to watch kk play for regionals and to see alex.   alex just got home from germany on his mission and boy did i miss that kid. and soon as i saw him i attacked him with the biggest hug of my life. we chatted the whole way to twin and got caught up on each other lives. now i just hope he decided to go to byu.


we watched kk play, and obviously she rocked it. she's a regional champ headed to nationals. yep, that's my best friend. then alex treated allie and i to cafe rio. that restaurant makes it into my diet way more than it should.

after we made it back home i just spent the rest of the day hanging out with kk. we hadn't been home for five minutes when we realized that my family had gotten a cat...when did that happen?! so as i was unloading my car kk is just playing with the cat. next thing i know kaylee lets out this crazy scream and i glance back her arms are flailing everywhere. yep, that cat made a suicide jump from her arms. funniest thing i've ever seen. after rolling on the ground from laughter i start to unpack again. next thing i know kk says. "look brin, it's my kanga cat!"


she's a gem.

that night my mom stocked me up on more food than i even know what to do with. you see i had been eating ramen once a day for like two weeks. the only time i was eating twice a day was when i had a date. oh i cherished those dates. but now i'm loaded. i feel like the richest kid alive.

and then on sunday i got my patriarchal blessing. best experience ever. i cannot wait to get it in the mail. my mom and dad were there to hear it also. it was seriously the neatest day.

No comments:

Post a Comment