11.9.12

socially awkward.

my brothers seriously stole all of people skills genes and left none for me.
i'm just awkward.
i don't know what it is but strangers start talking to me and i freeze, i honestly just forget what to say.
it's a problem.
and my family finds it hilarious.
my friends end up laughing about it for days, and then i never live them down.

like the time a boy i had a crush on asked me why i was laughing and my response was, "im laughing because it was funny."
[well no duh brin, that's why everyone laughs.]

or the time i was on a date and the boy asked me if i wanted to watch a movie a.k.a. snuggle and hold hands. i wasn't interested and so my response was, "no, but do yea wanna play chess?"
[we played chess for a solid hour and a half, i'll never live that one down.]

i'm just an awkward.

well it was my second day of school. on the first day i was able to park anywhere on campus because they weren't ticketing, but they were the second day and i didn't have a parking pass. so i was driving around and i saw a wal mart. it was perfect except it was on one side of the freeway and uvu was on the other side. i parked and saw a couple [holding hands] walking in the general direction of the school and they had backpacks on. i figured the would be headed to school so i started following them. they were a ways in front of me but i didn't want to be completely creepy and so i was more just speed walking behind them.

they got to a point where i couldn't see them anymore, i just knew their general direction.

and then i hit a crossroad, there were stairs going up, or a tunnel going down. could't find the people so i started to panic a bit. i chose the stair, once i hit the top i realized they weren't there. so in full brin panic mode i took off at a sprinting pace and ran through the tunnel.

i made it through the tunnel and i could see the school, i knew where i was going. and then i saw the couple from earlier. 

yea, they'd stopped walking and here i come sprinting out of the tunnel with panicked eyes. they got all worried and asked if i needed help, if everything was all right.

and i'm an idiot.

i honestly do not know what i was thinking and i said this but my response was, "oh no, i'm just out for my morning jog!"
[facepalm]
and then i sprinted past them running the rest of the way to school.

ok seriously?! what was i thinking? i made it to class and as i was sitting in my desk i just started laughing. like really brin of all the things you could've said that's what you came up with?

because really everyone goes running at 8:45 with a fifty pound backpack on in toms right?

i called kk after that.
she didn't even feel bad.
neither did mel.
or syd.
and my mom just laughed and called me an idiot.

i really hope i never see that couple on campus again.
i'm so awkard.

No comments:

Post a Comment