11.9.12

uvu

this summer around july my mom suggested to me that i should maybe transfer to uvu.
dal would be right there in provo,
there's a better nursing program,
and it's cheaper.

instantly i felt like that where i needed to go, and it's where i needed to be,
the only problem was that i didn't want to go.
at all.

i love logan.
i had friends.
i had a life.

in orem, i knew nobody.
it was right by byu...not a fan.
i had zero friends.

so basically i just never thought about it again.
then mid-july my mom brought it up again and soon enough we were making plans for me to attend uvu.

it's a crazy story really.
there were a lot of tears shed.
there were quite a few fights.
and there were blessings.

first off my counselor at uvu told me i wouldn't be able to get into any classes because i had signed up so late.
i made it into every class i needed to be in.
i was granted residency 3 days before school started.
i still own my housing contract in logan so i had nowhere to live, i was able to live with some family friends.
i didn't have a parking or bus pass...i got a place to park.

it really amazes me to look back and see all of the little miracles that took place .

yet even though i knew i was supposed to be here, i didn't want to be.
i was scared to death.
in logan i lived with my best friend,
we had so much fun.
i knew the campus.
here in orem i did not know one single person,
honestly i didn't even know where the campus was, let alone classrooms.

the first night i arrived i cried myself to sleep.
i was so scared.
then on my first day of school before my first class i met breanne.
we became friends and it turns out we have class together 4 days a week and our schedules are kind of the same.
i had made my first friend.

i know the heavenly father wants me here in orem.
i don't know why, but that's ok.

i miss logan a lot,
i miss my friends, i miss that sense of comfort of knowing where i'm going.

and yet it's funny, i haven't once felt bad about being here at uvu.
i guess in time i'll see just why i'm supposed to be here,
but until then i'm just going to take it one day at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment