12.11.11

24th street

if you read the previous post then you're probably wondering what the morgan story is.
well let me just fill you in on that lovely little story.

my cousin was opening his mission call that night and my aunt texted me and told me she would love to have me there.
it had been quite a while since i had seen any of them and so i told mel we were making a little road trip that night.
i was also going to meet up with my grandparents since they lived in the same town as my cousin.
we got both of their addresses and headed to my car to leave.
mel tried to program both of the addresses into judy, my gps, and guess what,
she was real dumb.
she wouldn't pick up either of the addresses!

so that's when i decided to be brave.
i knew how to get to ogden  so mel and i just started driving.
we hit ogden just fine and we pulled into a gas station to ask for directions.
there was a sweet little gem working that day and she pointed me where to go and sent me off.
one problem:
she gave me the wrong directions!
[i still am not happy with her.

so we take her directions and the next thing we know we are passing all of these weber state signs.
i call my cousin ryan and he starts telling me to turn right on 24th street.
[from where i'm from directions are not street signs, they are the colors of houses and somebodies dairy.]
what the heck is 24th street?!
as mel and i are looking we notice the street signs, and this is how they went:
21st street, 23rd street, and then 25th street.
24th street wasn't even there!

so then we call my grandpa..
same story.
something about 24th street and riverdale.
no idea where either of those are.
by now we've been lost for about 3 hours and mel and i start freaking out.
we take a turn and end up at some dead end.
we both start crying and then just screaming,
and then we start laughing because it happened to us again.
we suck and not only driving but at that moment life!

so mel decides she needs to make a restroom stop so we find a gas station.
[more power to us, we did find a gas station!]
mel goes to the bathroom and i ask the lady for directions.
why do i still trust these people?
well she tells me to go to the stoplight and get on 24th street.
i asked if that meant i turned left or went straight.
she said get on 24th.
i asked left or straight.
we went through that conversation for about 3 minutes.

finally i said ok will you just take me outside and point me in the right direction?
after she was done looking at me like i was a total idiot she took me outside and pointed to where i was supposed to go.
[p.s. we were supposed to go left.]

we took a left and we finally made it to morgan.
and it only took us 3 hours.

oh yea, my cousin is going to columbus, ohio,
and he will do great things!

No comments:

Post a Comment