27.10.12

so the first day i walked into my new apartment my roommates informed me that they never lock the door... ever.
i said ok and then i didn't ever really think about it again.
thursday night i was over at dallin's house watching lost, my newest addiction, when my friend sean called me and told me that i should go to his house and watch a movie with him and some friends.
 *note that this was the first time i had been over to his house*
  i wasn't really aware of the time, or of the fact that i didn't have my key because a. my roommates "never locked the door," and b. i couldn't tell you the number of times i've been in bed and i hear them walk in late.
so i figured i was fine.
so i went to seans house and had a great time.

the clock struck one and the movie ended so clearly the party was over. i walked home, ran up the stairs, turned the door handle, and then realized i was locked out. i then tried the door handle like twenty more time, just to make sure. i had no idea what to do, i don't have my roommates numbers [i should get on that] and i was freezing. i knocked a few time, only to realize that nobody was going to come to the door.

so i called my brother, woke him up, and he gave me the number to the ra. then he went back to bed. so i called the ra, who clearly didn't answer, i mean it's one in the morning. so i had no other choice, i called sean and it was decided that i would just sleep on his couch.

trust me there were jokes for the rest of the night on how i'll sleep on the first night of going to their house, or how they are all going to tell their friends that last night they had a girl sleeping over. 
we got a good laugh out of the whole thing.

but no worries, by nine the next morning the door was unlocked, and i was back home.
i'm definitely not going to forget my key again!

No comments:

Post a Comment